Sites for Beginners
The Beginners Bridge World
- A web page in design for people interested in learning this
fascinating card game and social activity
Beginning Bridge by Fifth Chair
- A great bridge page dedicated to beginners
but good for other levels also
New Sites (since last update)
Several new Countries have been added to the Bridge Federation list
Misc Archives and Commercial Sites
- Archive of all types of Bridge data, it is intended to contain
archives of all bridge activity and data around the world.
by Markus Buchhorn, Australian National University.
- Bridge Baron Computer Software by Great Game Products, Inc.
Click here to see review of product
- Bridge Passion - Learn bridge on the Internet. 205 free bridge lessons for novice to intermediate players : easy hands explained, bidding, declarer play, defense. Also : clubs, partners, software, classified ...
- A very nicely done commercial bridge site
with lots of other interesting items including
On line Vu-Graph Software
- Bridge Today Magazine
- Bridge Trix
- Bridge World Magazine's Home Page
Barclay Baron Bridge Supplies
- Read any of Frank Stewart's columns, then backup
and checkout new books etc. from Barclay Baron
Great Bridge Links
- A complete directory of bridge organizations around the globe.
- Lots of interesting Bridge material under the title
"The Bridge Odyssey" sponsored by Meadowlark Bridge
- Bridge Hand Generator with a WWW interface
This page allows you and your partner to generate hands
with specific parameters such as # of points and distribution
to practice your bidding skills
- Yahoo Search Engine for Bridge Links
By rerunning this,you can catch newly listed pages
Usegroups related to Duplicate bridge
These links work differently in different browsers. They usually
interface with your default mail reader program
National / International Bodies
If you don't find the country of interest listed below, you can also check
ACBL links page or the
National Contract Organization Map page
Misc Pages Devoted to Bridge
- hand collection
- John is a bridge professional and writer
with a very interesting page. He welcomes
bidding questions which he answers most promptly, and has
set up a form on his page to assist in your sending in the
Check out the bridge quiz also.
- Peter moves his bridge page around so this link gets to
his top page. Then look for his bridge link. A good page with
lots of valuable results, bridge software,
a interesting Applet
to program bridge hands for viewing on the Web.
- The DESY Bridge Group, Henk Uijterwaal -
- Contains Word Perfect files for downloading of hands that
the page developer felt were interesting. Also contains
data about "Colonial ACOL" (his phrase, not mine)
- research on bridge and ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE. A comprehensive
index of research articles many with full downloadable PostScript
- Bridge problems which Jeff defines as "Bridge Movies"
I define them as fun You can download the
software to write movies of your own !!
- Great general page for bridge in the UK and ECATs and lots of info about
worldwide bridge in general.
- from UK, the page has some cute animation. However, it uses vector graphics which requires a download of that feature if you have not already installed it
- Information about Junior Bridge in Britain
- Precision bridge page
- Richard Pavlicek is a US Bridge expert and has
interactive bridge quizzes
, articles from his columns and other problems
and topics on his pages.
- from Turkey, the page has some nice practice bidding software. The pages do ask for a download of additional support software (which I did not verify) but the practice bidding works well w/o this download.
- for Tournament Directors and those interested in the laws
Uppsala Christer Enkvist
- The Piranha Club bidding system
van der Windt, Andrew
- bridge problems, good selection for beginning and
intermediate players wanting to learn how others analyze
van Ree, Herman
- systems, conventions - NETHERLAND -- Bidding Software
- Lot's of Bridge stories.
The HTML programming is what
grabbed me however .. good Java , graphics !!
However, the link only brings you to Alex's portal, you must then enter and select the
- Good collection of notes on common bidding conventions
The files on "bidding over Strong 2 Clubs" and "Negative
Free Bids" helped solidify one of my regular partnerships. Thanks
Play Bridge On Line
- The page for Internet OKBridge from Matt Clegg.
Play bridge with people from all around the globe. In my opinion,
the leading commercial activity for people interested in on-line
- ACBL Bulletin readers are probably familiar with this site which now offers on-line bridge and is cooperating with the ACBL in developing the ACBL on-line site
Bridge Player LIVE!
- Using OK Bridge can get your personal time clock WACKO if you
live in the
UK or on the continent, here is a nice system based in the UK
The Internet Gaming Zone
- A complete gaming zone including Bridge, at present it
works with IE only, there is a beta version for Netscape
- Microsoft sponsored, with lots of games for download.
But it general this site is a sales site rather than a play site
- A free bridge server that includes pair and team games
Developed by Geoff Pike, UCB
- Good general gaming site with software for downloading, including Bridge
Pages for Specific Bridge Clubs and Units
- Club de Bridge de Javea
- Bridge Club on the Spanish Costa Blanca
- Delaware State Bridge Association
- Website of Unit 190 of the ACBL
- Clubs in Niagara Region of Canada
- News and information for duplicate bridge players of all levels , particularly those in the Niagara Region of Ontario , Canada
- Shore Bridge Club
- Shore Bridge Club, serving the entire Atlantic County and nearby areas
It's one of my local club, I have to plug it !!
- Cape May Bridge Club
- Cape May Bridge Club, serving Cape May County and nearby areas
It's one of my local clubs, I have to plug it !!
- Philadelphia Contract Bridge Association
It's my unit, I have to plug it !!
- The home page for District 4 of the ACBL
If you have another Bridge related URL that you would like to suggest
for this page or if you have found a link that no longer works, please
click here to send me a message!!